Christmas Wreath Redo

Every year we head out to the stores to purchase a new wreath for the front door and a few new Christmas decorations. It never fails, we go into the store, see the wreath we want, and it cost way to much for our budget. That's when  my creativity thoughts will often kick in.

I normally use the traditional greens and reds and I always opt for white lights over the colored ones, but the candy colors caught our eyes this year. My husband wanted to do colored lights and Christmas balls in the candy color pinks, blues, and greens. I went along with it.

We headed to the tree decorations to get some more ideas. We grabbed some balls in the colors we wanted. When we got home, my husband took down the old wreath. I was either going to save it or throw it away. It was worth a shot.

I happened to have some floral wire at home and used it to tie on the balls around the old wreath. We even put lights on it so it will light up at night.


I like the way it turned out and I didn't have to spend a fortune. I can now afford to get more decorations for the my tree and mantel to match the theme.

 
My Daughter helped also by adding the same balls to the bells that I plan to hang on the windows.
 
 
I cant wait to start decorating. I always wait until after Thanksgiving to put up Christmas. Do you decorate before Thanksgiving?


Ive shared this at:
the-diyers at homecomingmn
Handmade Tuesdays at ladybug-blessings
Nifty thrifty tuesday at linda-coastalcharm
Made by me at jaqsstudio

3 comments

  1. It's so pretty, Lisa!! I always use traditional colors too, but last year I painted my kitchen an odd color and red just won't do in there now, so I bought some stuff in the green and teal colors and used silver and it was beautiful. Used my trifle bowl and put the colored balls and pinecones painted silver in it, and added some silver ting ting sticking out of it. Made a very pretty centerpiece for my table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet teal and silver is beautiful! I would think it would give a comforting winter feel. I think I may try doing the balls in a bowl too! Sounds pretty!

      Delete
  2. I love it! I love that you went outside the box on your color choices! So pretty! We don't start decorating around here until after Thanksgiving...only a couple more days!!!

    ReplyDelete