Snow Really?

Here in North Carolina the weather has been unseaonably warm. Its been as high as the 80's already and its still Winter.

After dinner Friday night, my husband asked if I wanted to go walking or go shoe shopping? Well, there was no question there, so off to the mall we went. I wanted some new tennis shoes and flip flops for summer. I had Spring fever and we are planning a trip to the beach real soon. 
We walk through Belks department store and low and behold, they have free wine tasting and free cupcakes! Needless to say, I never got any shoes. We went back out on Satuday and tried it again. I got some new shoes, new jeans and a new shirt. I went old school on the shoes and bought some white leather Adidas just like they wore in the 80's. I couldnt afford them then but can now. Ha. 

We went to a family dinner Saturday night and I want even mention that double layer German Chocolate cake that my Mom made! 
Ooohhh it was soo good, it would make your tongue slap you forhead.
When we got back home, it was late, we took our showers, turned our clocks up and went to bed. 

I got up this morning and looked out the window. I said, "oh no! Snow! It was snowing like crazy! It had powdered the ground and was coming down like a pillow fight from heaven. I jumped back into bed , whining and complianing. Im so ready for Spring. 
Here was my view this morning.

 

If you slept late you probably missed it because by noon the temps were back up in the 40's and there was not even a sign of snow. 

The news station pretty much summed up the day with this meme.

 


15 comments

  1. So you woke up to a winter wonderland and before noon it had vanished. Sad in a way. How warm did it get? Hot enough to conjure up spring again? I'm expecting half a foot of snow tomorrow. Spring has escaped our region.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got in the 50s today. Turned out to be a beautiful day. Freeze warning tonight though.

      Delete
  2. Oooh.
    We very rarely get snow, and even more rarely snow which sticks (even briefly). Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now spring can come in NC, the dusting. I cannot believe not one G-GRand called to say SNOW, but then they might have slept in LOL
    Loved the 'pillow fight from heaven' line. neat.

    Yes witty one, you should write that book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I had the exact same thing happen here last Sunday! I was so surprised (and a little annoyed) when I opened the drapes and it was like powdered sugar was falling ever so softly. And, then the next day the sun was shining. We've all got such crazy weather! Blessings. - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was the same thing here. I'm sure the grocery stores enjoyed the boost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Went grocery shopping last night and the shelves were bare.

      Delete
  6. My nephew lives in Columbia, SC ... posted a video this morning of his two daughters creating a skinny snowman

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I would have picked going for a walk as you probably could guess. : )
    We are supposed to be getting more snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds to me like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snow was a beautiful sight. I love it. It snowed at the lake house, but I've been at the beach all week. So, I completely missed it. I remember those Adidas....I had a white pair trimmed in green back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The worst snow storm of my life was this day in March of 93. We lost power for over a week.
    It's cold and raining here tonight and by Wednesday we'll have freeze warnings. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a little snow.
    R

    ReplyDelete