Try baking can of Garbanzo beans. AKA chick peas.
For some reason every time I hear the word Garbanzo I think of the Muppet character Gonzo. I just do.
Garbanzo beans are loaded with fiber and satisfies hunger. You can find more about one of the most healthiest foods here.
If you don't like the taste of these peas, then don't give up on them just yet. Once you bake some and turn them into crispy snacks, you may just change your mind. The pea taste disappears and has more of a nutty flavor.
You will need:
- 2 cans of Garbanzo beans.
- olive oil
- Rinse the peas with cool water really good to get rid of the starchy stuff.
- Drain really well and pat dry. Make sure you get them as dry as you can. I poured mine on to paper towels and patted them dry over and over.
- You will see skins come off the peas. This is ok. Pick out what you can but don't worry about the rest. There is no way to get them all and they will not hurt a thing. They are just not pretty.
- Pour onto a foil lined cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spray or drizzle with olive oil.
- Add seasoning. I did two flavors. I did half in cinnamon sugar and the other was salt and pepper.
- Place back in oven in oven for additional 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven and leave the oven door open to help them get crispy as they cool. But its not necessary.
Go ahead and eat them all because they don't keep well and will turn soft within a day or two.
mix-it-up-monday-blog-party at flourmewithlove
be-inspired at elizabethandcovintage