Im sitting here, barley able to keep my eyes open but I wanted to take some time to tell everyone Happy New Year. Me and my husband brought in the new year at home. We went out to a nice dinner and headed back to the house to finish up some last minute preparations for my annual family New Years dinner. It was complete with collard greens, black eye peas and pork. Not to mention the crock pot macaroni and cheese, mashed potatoes and fruit cobblers.
I set up tables from my dining area throughout the living room, making sure to have enough seats for sixteen people. It turned out great and a lot of full bellies.
Everyone is gone now and everything is cleaned up and put away. I am now ready for the new year. Every new year, we think about what we can do different to make it better than the last.
I do not usually make resolutions or promises to myself. Its just puts to much pressure on the thought and therefore I never hold to it. I do plan to make some changes and do some things differently. Will it happen? Im not sure but here are a few of my plans for this year.
1. Stop complaining so much.(It is what it is)
2. Blog more.(blogging is mind relaxing)
3. Stop worrying so much about people and how they act and what they do.(drives me crazy)
4. Stay more positive and smile more. (while biting my tongue)
5. Have a healthier lifestyle ( I may even use sunscreen)
6. Clip and use coupons. (health Insurance went up and im broke)
7. Find somewhere to volunteer or work part time to get some use of my Phlebotomy skills.
7. and last, Stay off facebook as much as I can. This will help me accomplish 1-4.
What are some of your plans for the new year?
Now finally, im off to bed .