Best Fried Pickles

I used to stop in this little joint below my workplace and get fried pickle spears. They were the best ever! When the place closed down, I was determined to learn to make them.

Then one day shortly after, I seen a recipe in the local newspaper of, you guessed it, "Fried Pickles". It was a sign that I must make these or die. So I did. They tasted just like the ones from the restaurant. Oh my goodness. I actually sat down and ate a whole jar. I regretted it and have only made them a few times since.

I went to the farmers market this past weekend and when I saw Green Tomatoes, they screamed for me to take them home and fry them, that's when I thought back to the fried pickles I loved so much.

So, The next afternoon I fried that green tomato and went ahead and made some of those delicious, green spears of goodness while I was at it.



I have had fried pickles in other places but they are pickle chips and by the time they get to the table, they are cold and often soggy. I recommend using pickles spears instead of chips. Much better for dipping too.

 Pin It

Here goes the recipe :

Fried Dill Pickles

In a bowl mix together:
1 egg beaten
1 cup milk
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
5 or 6 drops of hot sauce (Texas Pete will do)
1 Tablespoon flour

In another Bowl mix:
2 cups flour
salt and pepper to taste

Dip pickles into the flour first, then dip in the egg mixture, then again in the flour mixture.
Fry in vegetable oil until golden brown.
Dip in Ranch or any other favorite dip.


Ive shared this at:
lifewiththecrustcutoff
whatd you do this weekend at tumbleweedcontessa
full-plate-thursday at mizhelenscountrycottage
tasty-thursdays at mandatorymooch
showcase-your-talent-thursday at whatscookinglove
kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday at kitchenfunwithmy3sons
super-sunday link party at whoneedsacape

6 comments

  1. I love fried pickles and want to try this - looks fun to make and eat :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing - Ive done the chips before but I think I need to try the spears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Lisa,
    Thanks for visiting Botanic Bleu's blog, for entering my First Blogiversary Give-Away, and for becoming a follower.

    Your fried pickle spears look very appetizing!

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you found that amongst fried pickle lovers some love spears and some chips? That is what I have discovered. It is kind of like cat people and dog people. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I know this is super old, but try the hamburger pickles (stackers) they do awesome for Fried Pickles.

    ReplyDelete