Grape Salad

We have been  having some really nice weather lately. We have sunshine and storms. I love storms in the spring. I have even able to keep my windows open to enjoy the fresh air. UNTIL, the pollen started. I have the worst allergies ever and this green gook is my enemy. I feel like clawing my eyes out for the pain and itching.

Speaking of green, I wanted to make a healthy (well not really) sweet dish. I found this recipe for grape salad and it was amazing.

 
GRAPE SALAD
2 lbs green seedless grapes
 1/2 (4oz) block cream cheese
4 oz sour cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 cup chopped nuts
 
 
Mix together all the ingredients except the grapes and nuts. Once everything is creamed together, add the nuts and grapes and toss until coated. Keep refrigerated. (This is actually good immediately. No need to let it set for a long period of time before eating).
Pin It
 
My recipe is cut in half of the original recipe found HERE. Because I did not buy enough grapes.
I think you can put cream cheese and sugar together to create anything. In fact, I may try this same recipe using different fruits. What fruit do you think would be good made this way? I'm thinking Pineapple. Yea?

I've shared this at:
lil-luna-link-party
made-by-me-76-linky-party-and-features at jaqsstudio
showcase-your-talent-thursday at whatscookinglove
tasty-thursdays at mandatorymooch
full-plate-thursday at mizhelenscountrycottage
freedom-fridays at myturnforus
get-schooled-saturday too-much-time.com
mealtime-monday-recipe-link-up at couponingncooking
marvelous-mondays at cookinforthesevendwarfs

7 comments

  1. Pineapple sounds good to me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMmmm yummy :) I have a recipe a lot like this one. I use pecans, green and purple grapes. I've never thought about trying pineapple....Apples would be good too! Gotta put that on my shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping by in to follow via Bloglovin' and I found this awesome grape salad!!! Just pinned!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Pinned ;) Thanks for sharing! Have a fabulous weekend!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing this awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday.
    Hope to see you soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds really good-I'm definitely going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa, this is fantastic! Please drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if it is ok with you if I link to it on my blog, Carole's Chatter. Cheers

    ReplyDelete