Declutter

Yes, I said it. I'm in the process of decluttering my home. I started out the other night with my closets. I still have two more to go and then I'll move on to drawers and then cabinets. With that said, I hope to be finished by Christmas.
I thought I'd share a little Idea I did with my garden flag collection.
While cleaning, I found of my garden flags wadded up in a bag and I found some in other places too, but surprisingly not in the refrigerator where I find a lot of other things I misplace. Yea, really. My husband has to stay behind me.
Anyway, by doing this, I created more space in my junk closet and it doesn't look half bad either.
Here is what I did.

First I dug up enough hangers to accommodate my flags.
I used plastic hangers, but I assume you can use any kind in a different way.

Then I used a knife to saw and weaken an area that I could easily break with my hands. I'm sure there are better and neater ways to do this but I was to busy and impatient at the time.

I gently slid the flags onto the hangers and the places that I broke seemed to fall back into there spot.
Just be careful because were the hanger is broken, it will tend to be jagged and sharp so I would advise anyone wanting to try this to sand it a little with an Emory board to prevent any injuries to your hands or the flags. I just left mine as is.

After I did this little project. I realized all I had to do was hang them on those clippy pant/skirt hangers that I have SO MANY OF!

Linked on home-decor-organizing-link-party at organize your stuff now

3 comments

  1. Oh my gosh! It's like we are living the same life! I am working my way through closets and cabinets. My basement looks like an episode of "Hoarders". Not pretty. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! :0)

    Cleaning up and out is indeed my favorite thing to do! Feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. starting the yearly purging of unused items. love the hanger idea for flags! great idea!

    ReplyDelete