Sticky Bananas

I made this delicious goodness that can be included in my choices of “healthy snacks”. I call them Sticky Bananas. Well, because they are sticky.
Some people may want to categorize these sweet caramelized bites as some sort of banana foster. I have never made banana foster, but looking at the recipes, this comes close but without the Rum. 


Sticky bananas are easy and quick when you have a sweet tooth. There is no added sugar other than the natural sugars of honey and the bananas themselves. These are low in calories and high in potassium. I ended up adding a little calories by topping them with whip cream. 



Here is how to make them.....
~2 bananas. You want them still firm but ripe. Not green but also no black spots.
Remove the peel and slice them about 1/2 inch thick and set aside.

In a skillet add:
~1 tablespoon- oil or butter (I used coconut oil).
~2 tablespoons- honey 
~1/2 teaspoon- ground cinnamon
~Pinch of salt.
Mix and heat over medium heat.
Add banana slices in a single layer and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. 
Remove from pan and let cool a few minutes before serving.

These are ready eat as is but if your not weigh conscious, these caramelized bananas are delicious topped with ice cream or whip topping. They can be used as a topping to pancakes or french toast. They can also be added to oatmeal or smoothies. 

Enjoy. 

Original recipe video can be found here.


I've linked up to theses fabulous parties:
Simple Homestead- Blog Hop / Condo Blues / Fiesta Friday / Fluster Buster / DIY Showoff
Create With Joy / SewCanDo  / Run Jump scrap

12 comments

  1. Um, that looks amazing and I can even taste a little chocolate drizzled on top!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, YUM!!! I never thought about making this before! Now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sticky sensational!! YUM, I am totally making these, what a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am definitely going to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good Lisa and I'm going to make the next time we have bananas in the house. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love bananas, if I wasn't too lazy I would try that. I might anyway!
    Looks and sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, thank you for bringing them to FF.

    ReplyDelete