Bombogenesis

Bombogenesis (or bomb cyclone)- The word sounds scary but its not. Its just a word used by meteorologist to describe when the low pressure system’s central pressure falls 24 millibars in 24 hours or less. This can create blizzard conditions and coastal flooding. 


Photo by MyrtleBeachTravelPark

This is what my freinds on the East Coast are experiencing. They woke up this morning to snow covered beaches and icy roads. 


Photo by MyrtleBeachTravelPark

This storm has affected the East coast from Florida to New England. While some just seen a dusting of snow, others seen heavy winter storm conditions with as much as 18 inches of snow.. 

I live 200 miles from the coast. We only have freezing cold temperatures here. Not a drop of anything wet is coming out of our skies. And im ok with that.

Here are more photos of South Carolina beaches courtesy of @beachbound4life via Twitter. 







Thats it! I think I need to ride down to the coast and scrape the ice off the camper. 




5 comments

  1. I have family that lives in and near Savannah. They posted photo's on FB and I've never seen that much snow in Savannah before. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were to meet friends from Pennsylvania today in Orlando. We arrived and set up, then to learn that they are in the blizzard in SC/GA I-95 bumper to bumper and doing about 20mph. They will not make it today!!!
    I have never seen the word Bombongenesis, my spell check hasn't either. hahaha Amazing I just saw the word before coming here to describe the weather on the coast. STAY WARM we are 54 in Orlando at 1500. We had 1/2" of ice on the coach slideout this morning. I pulled the 2" tomato off the vine I hope it ripens. It looked like my Banana plants are gone along with my Tomatoes. I will not be around to save them the next two nights of 32 OUCH!
    Oh yes and I got to talk to one of my lizards this morning. It was too cold for him to run so I picked him up to warm him and talked to him. He wanted to come south so I brought him on down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wearing a turtleneck, a light jacket, a fleece coat and another coat earlier tonight

    ReplyDelete
  4. had our snow earlier in the week. crazy cold out there though. hope your camper is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we've had a few brrrr moments here in Tampa

    ReplyDelete