Hemerocallis

Happy Summer yall! Its my favorite time of the year. I love the hot days full of sunshine and afternoon storms. We now have temperatures soaring in the 90's.

Something else I love about this time of year is the bloom of daylilies. They are scientifically called "Hemerocallis"- Greek word meaning: Hemera (day) - klos (beautiful).

Say hello to my Beauties.


I think my daylilies are unique. They are "Kwanso Flore Plenos". You can just call them Kwansos. Flore Pleno means they are triple ruffled or extra petals. 
These flowers are a Native of Eastern Asia, China and Korea. They were in my yard when I moved here several years ago. However, I have transplanted them in different areas.

They show their bright, sunny orange colors during the day and close up at night. I was afraid they would not come up this year as their leaf beds look awful. I trimmed them back in the spring and shouldn't have. It caused the leaves to die and turn brown. Either that or the frost. I was just gonna take the blame.



I think that's it of my flower blooms for the year. Now I will focus on my little veggie plants I have growing out back. I hope to introduce them to you soon.



We saw a whole field of yellow daylilies adorning the highway as we were out riding this weekend.

20 comments

  1. This was something. A flower was taken by a flower. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I prefer to enjoy without fretting about names. (What's your name again?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was all over the names wasnt I?

      Delete
  3. The day lilies are beautiful. You can keep summer though. NOT my favourite season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daylilies are beautiful! I love the colour. I've got quite a few daylilies growing in my garden; they are definitely favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love daylilies too. So many pretty colors to dot the landscape. Perfect in your garden. ENJOY their blooms. I am crazy about thunderstorms too. One followed us home today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im ready for another storm. Its getting dry here.

      Delete
    2. Beautiful flowers and colors. I try to remember flowers names, but am very limited. We had some volunteer day lilies here (I had to ask what they were) I couldn't believe how pretty they were. But I haven't seen any more in the last two years. I think flowers are afraid of me. LOL You do good.

      Delete
    3. if I had planted them in the first place, im sure they would not be here now. Hahaha

      Delete
  6. Your day lilies are pretty. I love how they just keep on giving. I don't know the names of mine, but I have yellow, orange and rust colored ones. I haven't lived here long enough to transplant any, but I can wait to spread them around. Enjoy your summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they are beautiful! It wont take them long to spread.

      Delete
  7. that's a lot of yellow daylilies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was frantic about getting my phone out to snap the picture before we passed it.

      Delete
  8. Your lilies are beautiful.
    I have a couple day lilies around my yard as well. Wow that whole field of them is such a pretty sight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes they were also along each side of the road. So pretty.

      Delete

I love comments!!! I also like to reply to each of them. However, I can not do this if you are a "Noreply Blogger" please check your blog settings to show your email so I can reply back to you.