Daddy Did You?

Today is Fathers Day.

Im sitting here thinking about my dad. How great a dad he is and how glad im his. Shamefully I also think about some of the ways I acted out and treated him in my rebellious years. I'd undo a lot of things I said and did in my teenage years. I thank him for his patience. He loves us all unconditionally and I never doubted he did.

Me and my sister were going through old photos and she came across this one. 
Here is a picture of my dad in his 20's. Wow, he was so young. Isnt he good looking? 

was not even a twinkle in his eye. 


He was young and handsome (still is handsome, but old). He has so much life ahead of him here.
I wonder if hes happy how it all turned out? Would He do it all over again? 

As I look at this photo (which I hope he dont mind me sharing), I cant help but think what he thought his future would hold. Did he know or even wish to be a father some day?

I stared at the photo for a long time while wondering what was on his mind in those days.

Did You ever think 
you'd have four children?
Two boys two girls 
two with straight hair 
two with curls?

Did you ever wonder
Of those four children?
Any idea at all
two would be lefties
two would be tall?

Did you imagine 
Where they would work
Or what they would become?
They will all have homes
and a good income

Did it cross your mind
The emotions they would cause?
Without even trying
make you laugh
or leave you crying

God knew before you
that you would be a Dad.
Im thankful for this plan
You gave us guidance
and we took your hand.

            ~Lisa~

Soon we will be heading off to church to honor the fathers and praise the main Father up above. 
Later the whole family will meet up for dinner at a little place near Belmont with daddy and the rest of the dads in the family and celebrate! The father job is hard and the good ones need to be praised.


Happy Fathers day!

8 comments

  1. Wish your dad a happy Father's Day for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute. ENJOY your day with your dad. Mine is at a distance so we Skype to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I really like this!
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Father's Day never meant much to me since my father passed away when I was 7. The closest thing I have is a father-in-law

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit this is one of the best tributes, Love the poem. And I cannot put my finger on it, but 'YOUNG DAD' favors some movie star that I cannot put my finger on.
    (I think the 'Old Dad' and I go to the same barber!) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure he thought all those things.
    My dad died in 1999 and as you know my step-dad just died a couple of weeks. I miss them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post. Your dad is still a handsome dude and you're so lucky to have him. Mine died in February 2007 and Father's Day has never been the same since then. Cherish every moment!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! I also like to reply to each of them. However, I can not do this if you are a "Noreply Blogger" please check your blog settings to show your email so I can reply back to you.