St. Patricks Day

Hope everyone had a great St. Patrick's Day.

It was not the same as usual for us. We normally cook a corned beef brisket with a horseradish dip and cabbage steaks. Not this time. We have just been to busy and a lot of things have been going on the past couple weeks that have thrown us in a little loop.

However, I did get my traditional Lucky Charms breakfast in. I found perfectly portioned cup of my favorite cereal. This keeps me from the temptation of eating the whole box. I love this stuff.


In just two weeks, Easter will be here. I'm not ready for that either. I  have not done any decorating. This is not like me. I want to get things done but its just not happening. I'm barley getting the house cleaned and ready for spring. I'll get there eventually.

My daughter came in tonight for dinner. She thought we were having the traditional meal too.
Instead, I drove around the block and picked her up some Japanese food while I had a Nurtrisystem meal and my husband had a salad.

I didn't let the day go without a little fun. After supper, I surprised her with a big green cupcake. 


She loves cupcakes. Then we headed to the kitchen to make a batch of St. Patrick's Sugar Cookies. 


She will be taking them back to her place later. I do not need them here. My willpower has been weak lately. I ate four.

I need to get out of this funk I'm in.

This weekend will be great as we plan to spend time in our home away from home. We hope for sunshine but they are calling for rain. It will still be a great getaway rain or shine. I need a get away.
I need to be refreshed.

IRISH BLESSINGS
         

7 comments

  1. OH yes, Have a great weekend. WE haven't forgotten the feeling, it was always great.
    Imma thinking someone was thrilled with a big beautiful green cupcake and the cookies.
    The best to you guys. Live and Love.

    We are on vacation our selves, up in ADvance awaiting the operation next week. I am really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get unfunked soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh, damn FDA, why can't it all be marshmallow?"- Bart Simpson

    I think of this every-time I have lucky charms

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never had Lucky Charms! They look so colourful; probably fun to photograph :)

    Have fun on your getaway. Those are sometimes necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh that cupcake looks delicious.
    I haven't had lucky charms in years!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for a tasty St Patrick's Day

    ReplyDelete
  7. Get out of that rut missy. Don't make me have to come up there.

    ReplyDelete