Peppermint Sugar Scrub

Somewhere between doing the laundry and doing the dishes, I decided to make a sugar scrub. Yes, that's how I work. I'm pretty sure the sink was still filling up with soap water while I was actually getting the ingredients out. I stopped everything I was doing and made this sugar scrub in about 3 minutes.


Sugar Scrub
 
2 Cups Sugar
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/3 cup Coconut Oil
Food Coloring (optional)
Fragrance
I used Peppermint extract for my fragrance since its Christmas time, but you can get some essential oil of any fragrance you like. Just a drop will do.

The nail salon I attend uses a pineapple fragrant sugar scrub on my hands to make them really soft. I have purchased this from them in the past but I wanted to make my own for half the price.

I was afraid it would be sticky but it was not.


Just put a small amount in the palm of you hand and water will activate a wonderful scrub you can use on your whole body if you want to. Its perfect for feet.
It doesn't even leave your skin greasy. Just very very soft.

Incase your wondering, The amount of food coloring I used did not stain my hands at all. But If you use to much, I guess it might.

Now make some for yourself or to give as a gift. You'll love it.

(Originally found this recipe and got the idea HERE)


Ive shared this at:
submarine-sunday at usscrafty
sunday-show-off-llinky-party at twiggstudios
inspire-me-monday at create-with-joy
the-diyers at homecomingmn
make-it-pretty-monday at thededicatedhouse
Handmade Tuesdays at ladybug-blessings
nifty-thrifty-tuesday at linda-coastalcharm.
made-by-me- at jaqsstudio
blog-stalking-thursday at thecraftyblogstalker
thursday-weekly-creative at craftionary
 

5 comments

  1. What a clever idea! Would be an adorable gift for female friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooohhhhh Im feeling a Festive scrub over here! Love this for a hostess gift!Please stop over and enter the Holiday Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like an awesome Christmas idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. l really like an amazing idea! thanks for information
    Office Furniture

    ReplyDelete