Crochet Football Applique

While its still football season and the teams are coming down to the nitty gritty to get into the super bowl, I thought Id share a little football crochet.

Fans everywhere are really cheering there teams on. I know people who lay out of work just to watch their favorite team play on TV.

Im not a big football fan but I do like to keep up with the scores. The closer it gets to the super bowl game, the more I pay attention.

Tonight, two good teams will be playing. Carolina Panthers and New England Patriots. I hope the Panthers win just because its my home team.

Since its all about football right now until February, I have made a few football hats for customers and friends. Here is the latest hats I made for someone at work that has two new grandbabies.


 I made two to represent the Carolina Panthers. One was blue and black and one was black and blue.


Another hat I made is currently in my shop until sold. It represents the New England Patriots. This is an adult slouch.

See the foot ball on each one? I'm going to tell you how to make one. They are so simple. Here is my pattern.

Size depends on the size needle. I use an H.

ch10
sc 1st ch st
dc 8
2sc in last ch
dc 8
sc in 1st ch
finish off. (Leave a tail long for sewing.)

Embroider the stitching best you can and there you have it. A little football. You can actually shape it out more as you stitch it on your piece.

Now, lets get ready for some football. My next post will be a tasty pickup for your next tailgate or football party !!!!


Ive shared this at:
submarine-sunday at usscrafty






2 comments

  1. Cute hats! Your footballs look great! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ty I was looking for this size football applique. Looks pretty darn easy!

    ReplyDelete