Best Baked Cabbage

While trying to eat healthier, I re-discovered the vegetable that I do not eat that often.

Cabbage. 



I got it all prepared the night before and my husband added the rub and popped them in the oven.

I'm not a big fan of cabbage or slaw. But I learned that this stuff can be baked and with some flavoring on top, it turns into a whole new thing.

We used to boil it. yuk.
So then we would fry it up. To fattening and stinky.
So until tonight, I used my Tupperware steamer and steamed cabbage wedges and thought that was pretty good.

But now I like it this way best, baked.

1. Grab a small head of cabbage and slice into round, one inch thick slices.
2. Lay them out on a grease cookie sheet.
3. Then brush them with  smashed garlic and olive oil
            OR
I created this mixture (not measured, just dashed)
Olive Oil
Basil
Minced Garlic
Parsley
red pepper

Once the tops are coated with the oil mixture, bake at 400 degree for 40 to 45 minutes.



Now Doesn't that look delicious? I like how each slice flowered out so pretty.
The edges burned a little but I thought that was the best part. Keep an eye on them and take them out once they start browning if you choose, but I recommend the burnt flavor.

Delicious!!!

Now If I can find a way to get that cooked cabbage smell out of my house!


Ive shared this at:

5 comments

  1. This is my favorite way to eat cabbage. We discovered it earlier in the year and now it is the only way we make it at home (and I love it slightly burnt too-has a great nutty flavor). And the best thing is that you can eat a whole head of it and it's still good for you! Only one bad thing - my hubby can't stand the smell! Too bad for him - right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from Bloggy Moms November Blog Hop! This sounds incredible and I can't wait to try it out! I have always hated boiling my veggies and this looks like an awesome alternative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved roasted cabbage. I also cook my cauliflower this way. Delicious! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are getting some great Cabbage out of our garden right now, this looks like a wonderful recipe to try. Hope you are having a great day and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm ... that does look good! I need to work on eating healthier - for reallllllllll. I don't mind cabbage anyway, so I bet I would like this! Pinning now. :)

    ReplyDelete