DIY Lacy Pumpkin

HAPPY OCTOBER!

Ive been trying to get into the Halloween mood. I had seen some really cute pie pumpkins at my local grocery store and have been putting off buying one until the other day. I had had my eye on one for a week and no one ever bought it. It was perfect and had a nice stem on it. This was the one I wanted.

Now I want to decorate it. I usually will paint them or if I purchase a large pumpkin, I will carve it. As I was searching around online for some ideas, I came across an adorable lace pumpkin at the funhomethings blog. You definitely need to go check it out. While your there, check out the rest of her blog. She has alot of other cool DIY ideas that are sure to catch your attention.

I loved it and since I had some old pantyhose that unfortunately I had out grown, I made me one!



I am happy with the way it turned out. I just cut the leg out of the pantyhose and dropped the pumpkin down in it and cut off any extra lace. Then I scrammed around the house in search of something to make a bow and found some scraps in my daughters art stuff.

All I have in this is the 99 cent it cost me for the pumpkin. I Still have another pantyhose leg and may do another one of these. But first I want to make a wreath. Oh, wait...Another idea just popped into my head. Wish me luck.



I've shared this at:
the-diyers at homecomingmn
ladybug-blessings
nifty-thrifty-tuesday at linda-coastalcharm
whatd-you-do-this-weekend tumbleweedcontessa
made-by-me linky party at jaqsstudio FEATURED
lovely-ladies-link-up at lifewiththecrustcutoff
thecraftyblogstalker
craftionary

 

4 comments

  1. I love how your lace pumpkin turned out!! Thanks for the mention:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha, ha. Sounds like me. Creativity comes in a big rush and I can't keep up. This is a great idea and very accessible to everyone. Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS...so cute for Halloween...gotta find some black lace..haven't worn panty hose in 30 yrs..haha....

    ReplyDelete