DIY Shabby Rosettes

I had in mind to crochet some little headbands but wanted to use something of mixed fabric for the dazzle. I decided to make little rosettes from some scraps I found in my craft drawer.

Pin It
They were so easy and these were my first ones. I added them to a few head bands and you can find them in my Etsy shop. I plan to make some more just for the fun of it. With a pin added to the backside, they would make a great asset to a jacket or scarf.


I didn't take any pictures of the "making" process because honestly I wasn't thinking about it. I was just trying to get them to turn out right.
  • Basically all I did was cut about two inch wide strips about twelve inches long.
  • I used two pieces together of two different colors and tied them together at the end to hold them together and also use as my starting point.
  • I then rolled the strip around and around the knot. While I wrapped it around, I would twist it every so often and add a dab of hot glue.
  • I kept doing this to the end and then wrapped the end around the back and added more glue.
  • To finish it off, I cut a piece of felt and hot glued it to the back. This added some stability so you can use them in projects.
  • The longer and wider your strips are, the bigger the rose. Don't worry if they ravel, this makes them have the shabby look. 
  • They can be decorated with buttons, or beads.

There are many YouTube videos of different ways to make rosettes. But sometimes its more fun just to figure it out yourself.

Ive Shared this at:
made-by-me-79-linky-party-and-features at jaqsstudio  FEATURED
blog-stalking-thursday at thecraftyblogstalker
under-100-linky-party at beyondthepicketfence
make-it-pretty-monday at thededicatedhouse
nifty-thrifty-tuesday at linda-coastalcharm
creatively-tuesday at therusticpig

2 comments

  1. I love these....I have made several necklaces with these and I love them.....thanks for the idea about putting them on headbands!

    ReplyDelete