Tawashi

What is a Tawashi? Other than just a new word I recently learned, A Twashi is a Japanese name for a wash cloth or sponge.

Ive been crocheting some dish cloths and looking for new patterns to use when I came across these cute little washy things. Ta Da! Project!

Here is one I made for myself. I made this one special for dishes because while one side is cotton, the other is made of a more abrasive acrylic for more scrubbing power.




Works great!!! There are so many uses for these little scrubbers.


The spiral ones I made are 100% cotton and they can be used on anything. Even a baby face. You can use them on non-stick pans, counter tops, waxing a car, shoe shine, face washing, dusting, etc.....The possibilities are endless with these cute little things. And the best thing is, once they get dirty, just toss them in the washer and dryer and re-use.

 
They will last for years and save me some money on those throw away icky sponges I usually buy.
 
You want one? Can't Crochet? I just might have some of these in my Etsy shop.!
 
Ive shared this on:

4 comments

  1. Love it! I have some that were given to me...but will need to make my own soon! I would love to have you join me on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today!
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! I am going to have to try making some for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are totally cute and awesome..never thought I could use crochet for scrubbers. Gonna make my own. Thanks for the idea!

    misselayneousthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I still love mine. I use the yellow one shown in the post. I have washed it and reused it several times.

      Delete