Apple Nachos

Whew! Its been a crazy week since my last post. We had our camper home this weekend to get it cleaned up and ready for the summer. Ive also been doing a little spring cleaning around the house. I said "a little". My daughter will be home from college for the summer in just a few weeks. I can't wait! So, Ive also been trying to make space for all of her dorm room items until she goes back in the fall. 

Meanwhile, I took a little break and decided to make some apple nachos. I have seen this on Pinerest and other sites so I thought Id try to make some.  Excuse the blurry pictures. These were taken from my cell phone since my camera was dead.

I started off by thinly slicing the apples and laying them on a toaster tray.

I added different items taken from several different recipes Ive been seeing.
First, I drizzled melted peanut butter, then sprinkled chocolate chips (good time to use the left over chocolate bunny in the freezer), coconut flakes, and marshmallows. I put them in the toaster until the chocolate was melted and the marshmallows were toasty.

They turned out ok but I didn't think they were good enough to make again. I didn't like the warm limpy apples. I think if I had some caramel to drizzle on them, they would have been better too. I didn't know what to expect. But it was fun trying.

No comments