Christmas Wasn’t Feeling It

I was feeling pretty blahh the past couple days. I feel like all I ever do is work. 
I go into work every morning at 8:30 and work til 5:00. When I get home, the sun has already set. I can’t get in a good walk and I’m tired.
We have dinner. I straighten the house up some and do a little laundry. I take a shower and set down in my recliner to relax and do some crochet. I have been loaded with bun beanies to create for customers to receive before Christmas. I have finally finished the last stash! All packages are on their way across the state to fill Christmas presents. Kind of like Santa huh? 

My daughter and her boyfriend had asked us to go to Christmas Town with them. My husband didn't want to, so we didn't. I was a little down by that and pouted somewhat like a two year old but I’ll get over it. 


Well, yesterday I went into work. As I was sitting at my desk, I looked around. I realized there was no Christmas anywhere. This just added to my feelings. We do not have customers that come into our office and it’s me in one office and two dispatchers in the back. They could care less if we decorate for Christmas. 
There is no Christmas tree, no bows or manger scenes. There is no holiday cheer. Just a lot of complaining. I’m doing my best to get out of this funk. 

Well today, I decided to not let it bother me. I put on a red shirt and drove to work to my radio blarring with Christmas music. I look around, It seems more people are decorating their homes this year. That’s good. Then the boss handed me a small bonus, so that was good too. I turned on my Christmas radio, lit a holiday scented candle and added a Christmas themed screen saver. I just have to get through my eight hour days. 

I have started a Christmas study plan on my Bible app that will put me back into the swing of things. You will be surprised how reading a little scripture each morning will make you feel good.
This weekend I will be going shopping with my daughter at the outlet malls. Those are always fun. I am actually finished with my shopping besides a few stocking stuffers, so it’s gonna be more of a stress free trip. We will look for some bargins and sip hot chocolate. 

Starting next week, my afternoons will be filled with baking. I can’t wait. I plan to make cookies, breads, rolled cake, candies and other good stuff. 
I may even invite some friends over. 

I’m going to be ok. 





10 comments

  1. There are some years where it doesn't "feel like" christmas to me. Even the decorations in stores usually seem kind of fake and forced and lose its appeal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen's gonna smell GREAT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I am glad you tried making your own Christmas feelings. If you have some oranges, take them to work and leave the peeling where you can smell them,, that smell is like Christmas to me. Take a picture of your daughter when she was small to look at every now and then. :) Blessings to you honey, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean when you say reading scripture in the morning will make you feel good. I do that every morning. It just puts you in the right frame of mind.
    Glad you're getting the Christmas feeling back.
    I need to get to my baking too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. christmas is in your heart that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute when you pout!
    Christmas is a beautiful time. Go ahead, be Christmasy no matter what. i will try my own self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way you made your office festive with the music and a candle - I do the same here. We do have a large tree in the Great Room (my office is in a gorgeous hotel at a ski resort, I'm pretty lucky!) so it definitely feels like Christmas when I walk around the hotel with clients. Plus, we have tons of snow outside, so that helps, too! Hope you get over your 'funk' - happy Friday, friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you were able to pull yourself up out of that dismal abyss. I have had times in my life when I felt like that, too....overworked, underappreciated and like I took last place on the wall-of-fame. You did the right thing- by looking around you and concentrating on the "little things" that DO bring the spirit of life/love/Christmas to you instead of concentrating on "what is wrong here". God bless you and I hope you have a ball with your daughter this Christmas season.
    I am almost ready for Christmas---just one thing to finish up here and I will be done. Love to you- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a few crochet items to make before Christmas too. I finished those projects last Friday. As long as you have the spirit of Christmas in your heart and the reason for the season, thats what truly matters :)

    ReplyDelete