Crocheting Halters

It has really been beautiful here in the Carolina's the past couple weeks. The weather has been warm souring into the 80s. Me and Nick have been able to get in some nice long walks and the flip flops and tank tops have come alive in my wardrobe. 

But there has been a couple cool or rainy days where all I want to do is curl up in my recliner and crochet. I found a new pattern for a granny square so I made a couple signature halter tops. 

 

First let me show you this little baby shower gift I made for a church friend. I crocheted a little bonnet and booties that can be used to bring baby home from the hospital, pictures or church. 

 

These little crochet items are often never used and just put away as a heirloom. Regardless of what she decides to do with this set, I had fun creating it. 

Now about the halters. I couldn't hardly wait to show you. Though they are unique, they are not really my style, so you probably will not see me sporting one of these. I made my daughter a white one last year that is similar to these and she wears it well. I think they are rather cute and if I was in my 20's again, I'd attempt the look. 

 

I can't make two the same as I just add the colors as I go. I will start each square with a color and just add fill in colors as I go.

I call it the boho or hippie look. I'm sure there is someone out there that would love to have one of these. It seems to be the new (but old) trend this summer. "Whats old is new again" they say. 

 

I can see these halters being worn with cut off jeans and sandals. They are cool and perfect for the beach.
I had fun making these and plan to do some more on my spare time. 

I have also been having fun creating dish cloths and baby rompers. Im telling ya, my creation ideas are all over the place. I may crochet a trivet on day and a pair booties the next. I never know what direction the hook is going to go. I like trying to make new things and have come a long way on learning to crochet. I surprise myself sometimes.

Halters above can be found in my online store Here

21 comments

  1. LOVE the HALTERS. There is definitely a market for them with the young girls and that BOHO style they all want. IT's the 70's revisited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bootie and hat set are adorable.
    Nice halters but not my style either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na I think it would look great on you. Haha

      Delete
  3. Those are so cute! I wore halters like that back in the 70s when I was young and could get away with it. lol Love that this stuff is coming back again. What's the old saying though---if you wore it the first time around you are TOO OLD to wear it when it comes back into fashion. lol

    Love the little hat and booties, too. They are so cute and an heirloom for sure.

    One of these days I am going to learn to crochet! I keep telling myself that! Love crocheted dish cloths, too!!!! You KNOW I do! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've gotten rain and rain and rain here lately

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you think they'd look on 82 year old me who has had a mastectomy on one side?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice job on everything, I really thought the baby shower gift was nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm impressed. Sorry about the rain. (but then...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The rain is gone now but it was rather nice actually.

      Delete
  8. Hi Lisa, the baby items are adorable. I remember wearing halters. I am way too old now, but I appreciate them. I admire your skills. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have some neat stuff. I especially love the baby cap and booties. pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Lisa, thought you might want to look at this when you have time JimmysOpinion, The Girls, the answer

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are seriously talented, Lisa!! Yeah, maybe 25 years ago I would sport one of those cool halter tops but not at this stage in my life, sigh. Love them!

    ReplyDelete