Nutrisystem Cookies n Cream Mug Cake

Have you noticed I like to play and experiment with foods? Most of the time its Nutrisystem foods. I've been on Nutrisystem now for two years and three months. I lost all my weight within eight months on the program but I continue eating the foods to maintain my weight. I also eat a lot of my own foods too. I've learned how to eat healthy throughout the program. I'm still so pleased with the results I got with Nutrisystem, I simply can't let it go. 

 

I admit, the Nutrisystem cookie sandwiches are not my favorite ( neither are Oreos) but I ordered some again anyway. This time I didn't dip them in milk....I mixed them in milk and with a couple other teaspoons of this and that, I made a cookies n cream mug cake. It was a fun new way to enjoy a dessert that normally I would not like. 

 

It was easy to make and only took about 5 minutes from start to finish. Add another 10 minutes trying to take a perfect photo. Ha!
If your not on Nutrisystem, use Oreos or something. Im sure it will be just as good.
I chose to keep it healthy. It turned out a little dry but good. 

 

 Nutrisystem Cookies n Cream Mug cake

4 Tablespoons- All purpose Flour
1/4 teaspoon- baking Powder
1/4 cup- mini chocolate chips (this is your sugar)
4 tablespoons- milk (I used 2%)
1/2 tablespoon - vegestable oil
2 cookies 

In a mug or remkin, melt chocolate chips and milk together in microwave. 
Add remaining ingredients. 
Mix until smooth.
Fold in crushed cookies.
Microwave for 1 minute.
Enjoy 

Im not sure what the Nutrisystem count is for this recipe, but I think its a dessert and one smart carb. 

10 comments

  1. I am so glad I am not tempted by desserts. My Sherry loves sweet stuff (me) and Chocolate + chocolate+some chocolate. HA!
    Yes I enjoy reading your experiments with food, 'tis fun!
    ENJOY (Love the truth about the perfect photo!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sweets but I'd take a slice of bread over a cookie any day. I'm not a big candy eater though.

      Delete
  2. I'd noticed in the past that Slim Fast & a few other well known weight loss names add sugar to the ingredients of many of their products that are not even treats. Having come from a family where diabetes is prevalent I've always kept it a bit lower carb(though not truly low). Does Nutrisystem add sugars as well?
    I do once in a while eat a Quest cookies & cream protein bar which is low carb & very good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Nutrisystem has sugar but they do have a specialy designed diabetic plan. Yes slim fast is terrible with sugar.

      Delete
  3. Simple enough. Thanks. (thanks also for the possibilities)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything is possible with chocolate!

      Delete
  4. Not a big oreo or chocolate fan. But this looks simple and yummy if i were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either. Something about the black choclate thats bitter to me and I dont like it on my teeth.

      Delete

I love comments!!! Check back as I sometimes reply to them. WARNING: If you leave a comment, I'm subject to stalking your blog and leaving you a comment as well.