Great Day For a Picnic

Well, today we packed it all up and headed home from the beach. The weekend was too short. The weather was windy and cold but we made the best of it. After seeing some kids shoulder deep in the ocean, I had to test the waters myself. Suprisingly, it didn't feel that cold.

Like always, the day you have to go home turns out to be the prettiest. 

The drive home was a nice one though there was quite a lot of traffic. There was a large car show at Myrtle beach this weekend. We did not go to it but we did see a lot of old fancy cars while we were on the road. All the way home we would call out the year and make of the old cars we passed. I guessed a lot of them right. 

We have our favorite half way stop in Mcbee right outside of Darlington called McCleod Farms. We decided to pass up all the fast food places and have a picnic outside of McCleods. It was sunny and 62 degrees. Perfect for a picnic. First I went to the counter and ordered an apple crisp. That intitled me to some plasticware to use on the Dukes mayonnaise for a tomato sandwich. I cut the tomatoes before we left. You just never know when your gonna pull over and make a mater samich.  

 

Nothing beats a good tomato sandwich,  and "it has to be Dukes".

I remember when I was younger, when we would take family trips, we would find a roadside picnic table where dad would pull off the road and we would all gather around for a picnic lunch. I rarely see those anymore. They used to be everywhere. 

We enjoyed our picnic. We talked and laughed and we watched the birds wait for us to finish so they could grab some bread crumbs. The picnic tables sat next to the tractors outside a vintage museum so we walked over to take a look. I'm always fascinated with these for some reason. 

 

Nick snapped a shot of me playing around on one of the tractors before we got back out on the road. 

 

Until next time, its back to work come Monday and ill be counting down the days until our next trip. 


8 comments

  1. Picnic! Arlene loved them. She would come up with the most imaginative picnic ideas. (like a picnic in the front room)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes look great. I look forward to growing them in my garden.
    Nice old tractors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, don't you make a cute little tractor model? I used to love picnics when we were kids. That was one of the things that even farm kids did. I do remember seeing lots of picnic tables here and there when we were younger. They are few and far between anymore---replaced by McD's and BurgerKing.

    Hope you have a great week and I am glad you enjoyed your get-away. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do Tarheel fans use Duke's mayonnaise?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adam, Anyone with any taste at all uses Dukes mayo. LOL WE were so surprised that now you can get Dukes in Florida. There was a time it was limited to NC/VA/SC areas.
    When sherry saw this on Facebook we had just had a GOOD tomato sandwich with DUKE's!
    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having a picnic reminds me of my mom. She was always ready for one when we headed out for a drive. Can't get Duke's here. But your sandwich sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a while since we've done a picnic, but we love them. We're in the planning stages of a fish fry in our back yard which is a fun thing for family and friends.
    Also, we ONLY use Dukes mayo.
    R

    ReplyDelete