Frankincense

Frankincense- "A wise mans cure".

I know most of you have heard of Frankincense. It's such a precious oil, that it was brought to baby Jesus as a gift the day he was born.
I bet Mary and Joseph used some of it. 
It's was known for its sweet aroma and many medical uses.

 

I have been curious about the benefits of all these essential oils I've been hearing about. It seems like everyone I know is a distributor of  Young Living Essential oils.
I read up on a few of the oils they offer and one that struck me the most was the Frankincense .

Funny story:
When I was little, I thought the three wise men brought Jesus Gold, "Frankenstein" and Myrrh.
Sometimes when I talk about Frankincense, I will still say Frankenstein just for the fun of it.

I have friends and family members that sell these essential oil products and when my dad heard about it and attended some of the informational classes, he was sold. He is now a distributor.
My dad is retired but he is a professional salesman. He has sold everything from chemicals to grave lots. He is also a certified insurance salesman and now for fun, he sales essential oils.

He called me up the other day and said "I'm coming by your house. I have you some Frankincense". He pulled in the driveway like a wise man (except he was driving a Dodge not a donkey) and handed me a tiny little bottle of oil. I could not wait to use it as it has a relaxing and calming aroma.
I ran into the house with my little bottle of potion and added a few drops to my diffuser I already had as a gift from my sister a couple years ago.



I use the diffuser in my powder room as I'm getting ready for work each morning. The Frankincense smells so good and the mist has some positive effects on my mood. Unfortunatly I don't want to leave the room therefore making me late for work each morning. ha.

Here are a just a few benefits of Frankincense oil:
  • Immune System: It's a natural antibiotic. My cousin puts a drop on the roof of his mouth each day and has stopped taking medication. His last blood tests came back perfect. 
  • Oral health: Prevents bad breath, mouth sores, and cavities. You can actually make your own toothpaste with a drop of this oil and baking soda. 
  • Healthy Skin: Its also good for the skin as it can contract muscles and blood vessels to reduce wrinkles. Inhaled, or applied to skin it can also reduce acne, boils, scars and stretch marks.
  • Menstrual Periods: It can relieve pain, nausea, fatigue and mood swings. "Gimme!"
  • Digestion: Gives intestinal relief from gas, uneasiness and indigestion. 
  • Stress and Anxiety: Promotes deep breathing and relaxation.
  • Cancer: It regulates estrogen hormones to reduce cyst and tumors that can cause uterine cancer.
  • Respiratory: Soothes coughs and bronchitis.
  • Disinfectant: Keeps air clean in your home.
The list goes on......

So far for me, its worked for a mood enhancer and good smell. There are no known side effect and its all natural. 
My husband plans to rub some on his shoulder next time the pain flares up. It's also suppose to work for muscle pains and arthrist. 

Did you know there are over 188 references in the Bible pertaining to essential oils? That should say something there.
I'm a believer that natural is better and if I can find some cleansing, refreshing, calming and relief without medicine or chemicals, I'm going to try it.

The next oil I would like to try is Thieves. I hear that's a good one for allergy sufferers. I can really put that one through the test.


Note: I am not affiliated or getting any compensation for this post from any essential oil company or distributor. Information found in this post can be found online from various searches including:

8 comments

  1. I appreciate this post. I just started getting curious about essential oils myself. And noticed Frankincense in the mix. Thanks for info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you go from the birth of Christ with the Frankincense to the end of the Lords life with the thieves! LOL
    Us car bugs just want to know it if will make the dar run better! (of course I ain't buying 6 quarts for an oil change!)

    Seriously, informative entry. Thanks (note when I misspelled Frankincense Spell check suggested Frankenstein. LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was very interesting. All these years I thought the wise men who brought frankincense and myrrh were phoning it in or re-gifting as it didn't seem to compare much to gold. Turns out it was a valuable gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and informative. I've never used it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very informative post. I shared it because other might be interested also

    ReplyDelete
  6. My wife read me a research article about Frankincence and othe kinds incense just moments before I clicked to read your entry. Talk about Syncronicity:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The best in shopping entertainment. herbal incense gives you an endless stream of the best k2 products online!

    ReplyDelete