At the Beach

Hope everyone had a fun and fabulous St. Patricks Day!

It was an absolutely wonderful day for me. Why? Because I took a day off and we decided to head on down to the beach.

But first I had to have my traditional St. Patrick's Day breakfast. I love me Lucky Charms. I absolutly could eat a whole box in one sitting.
Luckily, they make these single serving sizes.

 

We had been planning on going to the beach this weekend for a while but the crazy weather decided to turn cold on us and we were not sure if we wanted to go this weekend or the next. Next weekend looked more rainy but warmer. After thinking about it, we decided to go on down this weekend. A cold day at the beach is better than a cold day at home if you ask me.

This is our first trip of the year. We hooked up the water and plugged in the electricity. Then we did an inventory of things we needed for the season and headed out for a nice walk. We will head out to Walmart after dinner and pick up the things on our list.

Its always nice to walk around the campground and we never fail to find friends or family staying at the same park. Since the car show is this weekend down in Myrtle Beach, we are seeing a lot of nice old cars around too.

After lunch, I was looking for something St. Patrickish to get into. We walked up to the nearest ocean side bar which was about three hotels down the coast from us. 

 

We found a warm spot in the sun and an enjoyed a little rest with a view. Nothing green to see here.
Afterwards, we walked about half a mile down to my brother in laws place to pay them a little visit. 

Saturday morning we woke up to a cloudy day. It was cold. That did not stop us from getting our walk in. We could see the sun popping through the clouds. 

 

Now we are cuddled up in the camper where its warm so I decided to write this little post. We hope it will warm up, but I doubt it as the wind is riping through the air. This is definatly not a great weekend to catch some warm sun, but its still a getaway we needed badly. 

 

Later we plan to go out to a nice dinner and maybe a cruise down the boulavard. 








8 comments

  1. You are so right- a cold day at the beach beats a cold day at home!!! I am glad you got away-even if weather conditions weren't perfect. Hope your whole weekend is wonderful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to listen to the waves whether they're gentle or stormy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuckled about the LUCKY CHARMS cereal. I LOVE it too. Not sure about St. Patrick. Have fun at the beach. ENJOY!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, at least the weather was good on St Patty's Day. I'm sure dinner will be great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I certainly agree about the a day at the beach.
    Yep the Lucky Charms were a good touch!
    Have a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Nope. Its just better for you and has less calories.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like your enjoying your time at the beach in spite of the weather. : )

    ReplyDelete