Valentines Day

Its Valentines Day!!

This whole weekend has been full of love and sweets for Valentines Day.

I started off making this adorable little cotton crochet heart just for fun. 


Its the perfect mug rug for my coffee.

 

My daughter came home for the weekend. We all had appointments to get our taxes done Saturday so we made it a family outing which also included some shopping and Mexican food.

She came in carrying a surprise box of gourmet donuts. There is a little donut shop near her apartment called Duck Donuts. She was able to pick and created a mix of donuts any way she wanted too so they were not only rings of sweetness, they were actually her own creations.
Looks like she put a lot of thought in creating the perfect blend of sugar for Nick and I.

My favorite was the maple glaze with bacon sprinkles and caramel drizzle. Another favorite was the chocolate glazed with chocolate sprinkles and raspberry drizzle. We ate them all.

Of course I had her a Valentine basket waiting also
 

 

It was a basket full of sweet treats, a mug, baking essentials, brownie mix, a gift card and more. 
She was tickled.

This morning I put out a special valentine treat for my sweetie. I wrote him a love note attached to a gift bag of healthy snacks and little gifts. He will be up soon and will see it when he gets his coffee.

Tonight we will end the evening with a nice dinner. Not sure whats up his sleeve, but I'm sure we will either go out or he will have something nice cooked when I get home from work. Either way, he's my Valentine every day of the year as we always show our love for each other. We don't make it a one day thing but this one day is always fun to celebrate. 

Speaking of sweet. My daughter and I also made some cherry bread which was a complete fail.
It was suppose to look like this....

Recipe HERE
 But this is what we ended up with. 

 

First, It fell apart, then we applied the glaze while it was still warm and it ran right off the bread onto the place, and well, it turned into the the ugliest mess.
However, we did eat it.......All! 

 

Don't let the looks fool ya,  It was delicious

Happy Valentines Day!

10 comments

  1. Sometimes mistakes are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to a sweet lady who makes sweets. I thought as I saw your 'fail' "I bet it was good!" It looked tasty to me!
    I enjoy reading your love for Nick. Gives one hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm craving sweets.
    My favorite it that chocolate donut with the chocolate sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you! The donuts killed me. They would have made a great Valentines gift for my wife. Just her look...trying to figure it out. :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Valentines! I've got to try to make that crocheted heart. Cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a nice Valentine's Day celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a super sweet Valentine's, Lisa - you're making me hungry with those donuts!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dessert looks incredible. Sorry it's been a while since I stopped by.
    My bucket has been full lately.
    R

    ReplyDelete