Is It Really Winter?

We are at the end of February but it feels like May. I'm thinking the ground hog messed up.

We had a little snow day in January. We also had a couple days that dipped below 35 degrees. I don't even have a coat. However, February has been rather warm. I have been itching to start my afternoon walks again and the weather is perfect.


The past two weeks, I have been able to start those walks again since the days are giving us more daylight now and its warming up. I get home from work around 5:30 each day and my husband usually has my dinner ready. Though I eat Nutrisystem meals most of the time, he will still have me a side of veggies to go along with it. Its always a surprise and I can usually smell the aroma as soon as I park the car.

He will be standing there at the door with a smile on his face welcoming me home (bet you didn't think old married couples still do that did ya?), We embrace, I lay my work bag down, wash up and head to the dinner table. After dinner we will change into our walking gear and head out to the street. We will walk about 2 or 3 miles depending on how much water I drank throughout the day. Ha.

The weather has been in the 70s almost every day this month. Is it really still Winter? I really hope Mother nature does not decide to throw us a cold snap until December. The flowers are budding, the trees are blooming and the birds are getting a head start on nesting. We plan to visit our beach place in a couple weeks. I can hardly wait!


How is the weather where you are?



13 comments

  1. I live in San Francisco. Weather-wise we are really spoiled.
    Your Sister-in-law is in my prayers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer is probably going to be brutal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spose to be 79 today. Be heading for the Ybor City Fiesta in a bit. whippee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our weather is up and down warm one day, cold the next and a LOT less snow than we are used too. Yesterday it was 70 and this afternoon the temps have dropped and I just saw some hail mixed in with the rain.

    What a nice way to get welcomed home. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. yesterday it was 73 degrees. today it's snowing. weather is indeed odd this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw shucks, how did I miss this? I enjoy the loving in your family! Hey also I know about the length of the walk being decided by the amount of liquid consumed. hahaha. I truly know that. IO love it when a kiss is NOT just a kiss!
    Love from down in Deltona!
    We are just about close enough to Daytona to hear the engines in the race tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats really cool Jack! Maybe if the wind shifts in the right direction, you can hear it.

      Delete
  7. Same as yours. We put our chairs out on the beach one day last week and soaked up the sun. There were only a handful of people on the beach. It was glorious!

    ReplyDelete