Sure you have.
Well look no further than this great little recipe I'm going to share with you today.
I have a busy weekend ahead and will using a lot of my energy as we will be helping my daughter move....AGAIN. more about on a later post, so first let me tell you about these little energy balls.
These little nibbles are great before or after a workout to add energy. They are just enough to satisfy you. I keep them in the fridge and grab one when I'm hungry before time to eat. It will satisfy that craving. It tells your mind you just ate a large candy bar but tells your hips that you just had a bite of oatmeal and honey.
- 2 cups raw oatmeal ( I used the quick 1 minute ones)
- ½ cup peanut butter ( I used Jiff Natural low sodium. Just as good as the other)
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup mini semi sweet chocolates (optional)
- For best results, place oats in a food processor and process until oats are a course powder. pour into a mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and vanilla to the oats. Stir until well combined. (this is the hard part)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll into a small ping pong sized balls (about 1 tbsp each).
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes where they will get firm. (I just put them all in a bowl. They didn't stick to each other.)
You can mess around with these and add other things to them such as nuts, raisins, etc...
They are sorta hard to mix up but if they are too dry, add more peanut butter. If they are too sticky, add more oats. But with this recipe, mine were perfect.