Sweet n Salty

I don't know about you but when I eat something sweet, I have to follow with something salty, then back to sweet again. This can keep going until I gulp some water or brush my teeth.

I remember Mom used to make these cheesy Ritz snacks that consist of sharp cheese on a Ritz cracker, topped with a marshallow then toasted. It became a family favorite. I even got my husband and daughter hooked on these things. I've never known anyone to try these and not like them. 


Here is a list of other sweet and salty snacks that remarkably go well together.

  • Chocolate covered pretzels.
  • Maple syrup on country ham.
  • Peanut butter and marshmallow cream on toast.
  • Cheese puffs dipped in marshmallow cream.
  • Salt on apples.
  • Chocolate covered bacon.
  • Bacon sprinkles on cupcakes.
  • Pretzels dipped in peanut butter.
  • Candy corn and peanuts. 
What are some other odd combinations you found that go great together? Is it sweet n salty you like? Hot and sour? Let me know. This could be interesting.




22 comments

  1. I like to mostly keep my sweet and savoury separate. Lettuce and sugar goes well together though. And tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so normal, LOL! I do like salt on Watermelon, Cantaloupe and apples. does mixing molasses and butter count?
    I also like some sweet and sour oriental food and at times have no idea what I am eating. OUCH! Good post the picture sure looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love salt on watermelon and sweet and sour chicken!

      Delete
  3. I love Chinese sweet & sour soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fresh fruit tacos - Crispy taco shells

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, girl...I think we are all born with loving sweet and salty...when i go to a movie, I have to have popcorn and chocolate candy...together, they are sooo good. I can't wait to make those Ritz crackers with marshmallows...omygosh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Chocolate and popcorn! Let me know how you like the Ritz things. They need a name too!

      Delete
  6. I love salt on apples, too. And...melons. And...chocolate covered pretzels. I have a recipe called Crack Bark that is made with pretzels, pouring a melted chocolate mixture over them and sprinkling sea salt over top. Oooh it's so good and addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sharp cheese and marshmallows

    didn't see that coming

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say that I've ever eaten marshmallows with cheese and crackers. Does sound good though.
    I'm not really a salt person.
    I do love sweet and sour anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like sweet and sour too! Try a dill pickle on a Ritz! Thats good too!

      Delete
  9. That's certainly one I haven't seen before

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just can not imagine chocolate and bacon, together???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What??? Ive even made bacon sprinkled peanut brittle dipped in chocolate.

      Delete