As I look out of the windows, across through the neighborhood, The porches and yards are decorated in American themes and many fly their american flags.
Years ago there was big news about a big flag in my town. It is known as one of the largest flying American flags in the world. It sits at the foot of Crowders Mountain. I can see the mountain from my neighborhood.
This flag is a result of the efforts of The Gaston Chapter of the United Veterans of America
- It is visible 30 miles from its location
- The total flag is 7,410 sq ft
- 65 ft tall
- 114 ft wide
- Weighs 185 lbs
- Each 13 stripes is 5 ft high
- Each 50 stars is 4ft tall from top tip to tip
- The base is in the ground 25 ft
- The pole is 225 ft tall
- The pole is in the ground 25 ft.
- The base of the pole is 5ft in diameter
- Its only 18 inch in diameter at the top tip
- The pole weighs 80,000 lbs! WOW.
I guess I'll get to moving around here. We may head uptown to see whats going on and later get some hot dogs to put on the grill. While I like to watch fireworks, Im not a fan of being in the type of crowd my town attracts. I'd rather stay safe in my yard and watch the fireworks over the trees.
"Everyone have a safe Independence day, Enjoy the fireworks and cookouts and hope no one burns their wieners".