Here's what I go through with trying to use coupons.
- I have to buy 4 of something to get 50 cent off.
- but I only need one. Why would I spend another 3 dollars so I can save 50 cent?
- just not going to do it.
- My coupon would be expired as of yesterday.
- I find a coupon I could actually use, then
- I'd leave it at home or get back home and realize I had it in my pocket the whole time.
- I just forget to use it!
- I'll have my merchandise ready to purchase with my store coupon I found online, or in the mail.
- But it does not work on sales items.
- And everything in the store is on sale today.
- I find a coupon but its only good for card holders.
- So, lets see, I can sign up for a credit card and save 10% then I can use my 20% off coupon.
- but then my interest rate on the card would probably be 30%? No thanks.
I get to the window and they ask. "How do you want your hot dogs? I say "all the way". Apparently that's not a choice. So I chose the one with chili.
With that choice, I can NOT use my coupon. The coupon was only good for the "classic hot dog". I ask, what's the "classic hot dog"? The lady at the register said the classic hot dog comes with ketchup and relish.
[sigh]......Ok, so when did relish dogs become "classic' In the south??
There are couple ways I do save however.
1. Walmart Savings Catcher- I just scam my Walmart receipts and it does all the work for me. It searches other stores and compares prices of the things I purchased. If they find an item cheaper in another store, they give me back the difference. I let it accumulate until I'm ready to use it.
It averages to about 10.00 a month. I then redeem my gift card and go shopping again.
Yes, I have been known to go buggy diving for left behind receipts from other shoppers. ha.
2. I created an account on Food Lion.com ( I remember it being Food Town). I entered my VIP card number so now all I have to do is scan through the coupon link and click on coupons I want to use and it automatically loads it on my VIP card and takes it off at the register.
Now that's my kind of couponing, but even then, I forget to go online and load them.
Do you save a lot using coupons? What is your secret? I just can't ever get one to work toward the best for me. I'm definitely not a "Coupon Queen".