Oatmeal Fruit Cobbler

Its the middle of January and we finally have some colder temperatures. I'm not a fan of cold weather but the sooner it comes, the sooner it will go and spring will spring.

Since it's cold outside, I love to have a warm breakfast. Ok, I like any kind of breakfast anytime but that's beside the point. Today I'm going to share with you one of my favorite quick breakfast.
I call it "Oatmeal Fruit Cobbler". 


Its so good, its like getting a hug from Jesus. Well sure, nothing could be that good but you get what I mean.

  • Its quick,
  • easy,
  • requires no mixing, 
  • Fills you up,
  • Its healthy,
  • and only contains 146 calories! 
Are you ready? Grab a small bowl or mug. Yea this a personal meal. All to yourself.
All you need is Quaker instant oatmeal (single packs) and about a 1/4 cup of juicy fruit or berries. The choice is yours. The best flavor of oatmeal to use is the non fruity kind such as brown sugar, maple, or in my case today, apple and cinnamon.

In a small bowl, throw in your fruit.


Pour the whole pack of oatmeal over top


Add 3 tablespoons of water. Just sprinkle the water all around, to moisten the top.


Yep that's all the water you need. Just ignore the directions on the pack. The fruit makes up the rest of the liquid. You'll see.

Microwave for a minute and a half.
Let it cool a couple minutes or the fruit will blister your tongue.

Top with whip cream, powder sugar, or ice cream. Again, the choice is yours.


The texture becomes moist and a little chewy like moms homemade fruit cobbler. 
If you want to take the time to bake it, it may even become crisp. 

Its filling therefore you will not want to snack all morning. You can go throughout the day knowing you just had a low calorie healthy breakfast that will make your heart smile as well.

Enjoy

8 comments

  1. I'm sitting on my couch looking at the snow falling outside my window and thinking I should get off my rear end and make this. Well, i'm going to at least save this recipe for later. Thanks for sharing! Happy Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now his one I will print and probably try. We are always looking for the 'Breakfast' thing

    Thanks, It's always fun to come for a visit to your house

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang! That does it, I'm coming to your house for breakfast :)
    R

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds delicious!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lisa, this looks so good and yummy.
    Thanks for sharing this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!
    Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not an oatmeal lover, but that looks good and I might have to try it.

    Thanks for Sharing Your Cup!

    ReplyDelete