Crochet Cleaning Pad

Somewhere between resting after a days work, watching tv and looking over at the dirty dishes in the sink, I decided to make a dish sponge to try.


Its not limp like the dish rags I have made even though they are still wonderful too, this cleaning pad is just the right size to fit in my hand and since its double layered,  its sturdy and gets the job done. One side is bumpy for scrubbing and the other is smooth for wiping.
 

I used 100% cotton yarn. Cotton yarn is what I use for household items because its absorbent and washes up really well in the wash. And frankly, I like the natural, soft and clean feel of cotton.


You can make these any size you want but here is how I made mine.

I used an H hook and cotton yarn.
Special stitch is the popcorn stitch also known as the bobble stitch. Click here to learn how to make this special stitch.

Chain 15
Row 1: Starting in the next chain from hook, sc across (14), ch 1 turn.
Row 2: sc across (14)
Row 3: sc, sc, bobble stitch, sc ,sc, bobble (repeat to end), ch 1 turn
Row 4: sc across (this is the back side of a cloth or inside of the pad), ch1 turn.
Row 5-10: repeat row 3 and 4
Row 11: sc across, ch1 turn
Row 12-24:  repeat row 11
To finish off: fold in half and sc together all the way around,(including the fold side). making 2 sc in the corners.
sl stitch to beginning and tie off ends.

I have not tested the pattern since I typed it out, so let me know if it does not work for you. If it does work for you, id love to see your finished project.

This cleaning pad can be used on many different things around the house. The possibilities are useful anywhere.


Ive shared this at:
dare-to-share at pamspartyandpracticaltips
anything-goes-linky at bacontimewiththehungryhypo
submarine-sunday at usscrafty
monday-handmade-linkup-party at judyscardmakingandpapercrafts
inspire-me-monday at create-with-joy
amaze-me-monday at dwellings-theheartofyourhome
worthwhile-wednesdays at thecraftiestallie

2 comments

  1. awesome! Thanks so much for sharing the pattern with us! I can't wait to make one or three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love! I'd love it if you shared this on Worthwhile Wednesdays http://thecraftiestallie.blogspot.com/2014/07/worthwhile-wednesdays-24.html
    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete