Growing up, being left handed has always been a struggle. Normal activities become a challenge. Just imagine growing up doing every thing backwards. I have a brother, and a couple cousins that are left handed too.
Here are just a few things I have struggled with and had to learn backwards at one time or another.
All lefties will agree.
- Everyone that tried to teach me to tie my shoe was right handed. Took me forever to learn this task.
- School desk were always made for right hands therefor I never had that comfortable arm rest when I had to write all those repeated sentences.
- speaking of writing, my hand would drag across the writing making a nice charcoal stain down the side and up to my wrist.
- during art and craft time, the teachers would ignore me as in gave up on me because it was no use.
- Spiral notebooks, the spiral thing was always an interference while trying to write.
- Cursive writing never looked right. This was invented by a right handed person for sure.
- No camera has the snap button on the left side. This has been awkward at some point.
- Cutting up food freaks everyone else out.
- Most crochet instructional videos are right handed so I learn every new stitch backwards.
- Have to wear a watch on the right hand just so it doesn't get scratched up.
- I have to put my computer mouse on the left side of the key board.
- Everyone and I mean everyone will see you do something and say "are you left handed?"
Fortunately, my daughter is also left handed, so yep, I taught her everything just fine. I know that was Gods plan.
Next time you watch TV, count the actors that are left handed. You may be surprised at how many.