Plastic Bag Holder

I have a stash of yarn that is as scratchy as one of those old crochet throws from the 60's. I know most of you know what I'm talking about. Probably most everyone has one of those blankets that your aunt or grandma made you that would work better as a back scratcher than a snuggle sheet.

I found the perfect thing to make with this type of yarn.
You can find these ole things at any yard sale, thrift store, or again, in grandmas house.

Its a "Bag holder"!!  Aka: "bag bag", "bag pooper" what ever you want to call it. I made one.


Its ugly, I know, but its going to be great. Right now, I have plastic bags inside of bags and on the floor around it. I'm ashamed to admit, one of these is going to come in handy at my house.

At least I can say, I made it.
You can make one too!!!

Here is how I did it:
  • chain 35 or 40 ( I did 40)
  • join chain to make a circle (make sure its not twisted)
  • Single stitch 1 row. (don't join. this is done in rounds)
  • double stitch around and around until you have the desired length.(mine is 18 inches long)
  • after you get your length, do a single stitch around.
  • Last: Single stitch around a rubber band.
  • slip stitch at end and finish off.
I didn't use a marker: I just pretty much guessed at my starting round. Since its going to be gathered with a rubber band at the bottom, being a stitch or two off isn't going to show.


Decorate it and there you have it!

Ive shared this at:
friday-link-party at craftionary
super-sunday-party at whoneedsacape
nifty-thrifty-tuesday at coastalcharm

6 comments

  1. I love it! I have one of those on my pantry door (cloth one) but it doesn't match anything cause someone's grandma made it for me. I might try my hand at this when I get caught up. Ha! I might have one suggestion though. Use a hair pony tail holder instead of a rubber band. Cause rubber bands rot ( found out the hard way from other crafts ). Just being helpful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good idea! I didnt think about that. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. This is great! I recently started using a mesh bag that onions came in however it is quite small. Maybe I can get motivated and try making one like this. I think it looks nice and not ugly at all.
    Shared on Twitter
    Have a great day :)
    Bismah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart idea! Love it!

    Thanks for linking up to Super Sunday at Who Needs a Cape! We hope you can join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent. thanks for the instructions

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not ugly at all. I made one with plastic bags! I like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!!! I also like to reply to each of them. However, I can not do this if you are a "Noreply Blogger" please check your blog settings to show your email so I can reply back to you.