A Visit to the Farmers Market

You always know its summer time here in the South when the farmers market opens.
























010

I am ready for some fresh vegetables to throw on the grill, make some casseroles, or throw in a salad. So, this morning my daughter and I stopped in our local farmers market before heading to our workout. We thought we would never get in this place because the line of cars going in was crazy. But we managed to get a good parking place and get in and out in a jiffy.
As we began to walk in the first thing I saw was one of  my dance classmates selling her hens eggs. But that was only the beginning. While walking  through the metal building filled with vendors selling their products of labor, we saw a variety of many delicious  vegetables, homemade sweets, honey, flowers, birdhouses, fruit and more. 

008
006007       



























 I was actually on a mission to find some nice tomatoes and squash.

009









 

There were no tomatoes that caught my eye but I did buy some squash and peaches.


016

The peaches were so good. They were soft and just sweet enough. I would love to have spent more time looking around and plan to go again soon. Until then, I have a squash casserole to make.

1 comment

  1. Looks like just the place to find some goodies. fRESH fruit and veggies are the best.

    ReplyDelete