Recipe Fail

My husband walks into the kitchen and sees my net book on the counter and says "Oh No!" I say "Oh yes!" I had it logged into Pinterest again and prepared to make some no bake granola bars I had found on there the other day.

You can find the recipe here.
It looked pretty simple and I had all the ingredients except chocolate chips. But I did have white chips so that was not a problem really. So I got to work on these sweat little healthy snacks. I mean, oatmeal and honey is healthy, right?

They were looking good. WERE! 
My granola bars turned into a mess when I tried to cut them into squares. Now I have a bowl of granola mess. Pass me the milk please!!!!!!!!!!
 After all the damage was made, I noticed the note at the end of the recipe I failed to read!

Recipe Notes: If your granola bars don’t seem to be staying together when you cut them, you may have made them too thin or you didn’t pack them in tight enough. Stick them in the fridge for 20 minutes and that should help keep them together. {Be sure not to keep them in there too long or else they’ll become super hard!} The next time you make them, try reducing the butter to 3 tablespoons and really packing them down.
                                 "If all else fails, read the instructions" ~ husband~ 

3 comments

  1. i bet they still tasted good though!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was still good. I could not stop picking at it.

      Delete
  2. i want to try these. thanks for the heads up :O)

    ReplyDelete